Waters & words

DP Fowler (1 of 2)-3

Oil on canvas by DP Fowler of Graeme Steart fishing the Mooi River at Reekie Lyn

Advertisements

6 responses

1. Exquisite painting. I’d love to have it hanging on my wall. Love the story it tells, the environment, colors, tones.. just beautiful. Does your talented Dad sell any of his paintings?

September 17, 2014 at 1:04 am

• He does indeed sell them, albeit in a modest and furtive manner. He resides in Howick, KZN, and has more paintings in his garage than most people 🙂 . If you, or anyone else would like to arrange to view what he has for sale, mail me on truttablog@gmail.com with your details and I can put you in contact with him.

September 17, 2014 at 8:47 am

2. My father is very talented. I often take fishing photos with a view to giving him something to paint. This was one such day. Graeme had 2 backpacks: I asked him to wear the red one to give my pictures a focal point, with potential oil paintings in mind.

September 16, 2014 at 10:08 pm

3. Beautiful Andrew. I love some who can really capture the mood of fly fishing. This reminds me very much of one of my favorite rivers here in Colorado.

September 16, 2014 at 9:36 pm

4. i quite like DP Fowlers work, i like the way he captures his subject and creates an air of excitement around them

September 16, 2014 at 7:18 pm

• Thank you. I will pass on the compliment to my Dad (who turned 81 last week !)

September 16, 2014 at 7:28 pm

What are your thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s