The Trout Streams of KwaZulu Natal
Each of these pdf documents is a collection of maps, stories, history and book excerpts and other useful information about each of the streams mentioned. The documents are being updated and improved regularly, and with the help of fellow fly-fishing enthusiasts who are willing to share what we have here in KZN, more streams will be added in future.
For each stream I attempt to have:
- A link to the extensive pdf document
- A gallery of Trout caught in that stream
- A photo gallery of the stream
I hope that this resource will prove valuable to any flyfisher wanting to immerse him or herself in everything to do with the stream they are planning to fish.
These documents are for private use, and may not be sold or distributed for commercial gain.
The pdf: The Mooi River: https://truttablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/The-magic-Mooi-rev-4-Jan-2021.pdf
Gallery of Trout: Typical Mooi River Browns:
Interactive maps: Follow these links for interactive maps, with bits of history, lore, photos, pool names, and the like.
- Chestnuts: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1nMLz_Fdx9OoQ3uRqFm6cBs1PVImbDIt9&usp=sharing
- Knowhere (Riverside uMngeni): https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=1S2SHiJxMGcV0koLDZXabPJ_T_DU4xXWT&usp=sharing
- Brigadoon: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit?mid=1-MsvjBaZ3gR4UX-v64f2RQcaKfNKb6k3&usp=sharing
- Furth: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit?mid=1cbI0JJQodTfWrVWqSzJW5VAPbtdHoiDU&usp=sharing
- The Furth stream (Tributary): Coming soon
- Stoneycroft and Sheardown: Coming Soon
Gallery of Trout: Typical Umgeni Browns:
The pdf: The Bushmans River: https://truttablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Bushmans-Beats-rev-3-Jan-2021-2.pdf
Gallery of Trout: Typical Browns of the Bushmans:
The pdf: The Inzinga River: https://tinyurl.com/yyh9e5z4
Gallery of Trout: Under development
Gallery of Trout:
Under construction: Umkomaas (Umkhomazi), Injashuti, Elands, ….
Additions, suggestions, complaints? Please mail me at “truttablog at gmail.com”