Waters & words

Writer’s block

Too many flights. Too many meetings and negotiations and calculations.

No mountains. No rivers. No trout.

Patience.

Advertisements

8 responses

1. Kenov

I hear you. I love my work, but sometimes there is still just a bit too much of it.

March 14, 2016 at 7:03 pm

2. Where I live it’s call winter.

March 5, 2016 at 5:08 am

• We are indeed lucky to be able to fish all year round, but the season that comes close to stopping us is our stinking hot summer. We are in it right now and heatstroke replaces frostbite as a risk to the fisherman here in sunny SA.

March 7, 2016 at 3:22 pm

3. You and I both Andrew. Sometimes you have too many words and they come at you so fast that you can’t hold onto them. Other times they’re worse than a dripping tap; running slowly into that place where they’re removed forever from your consciousness.

Liked by 1 person

March 4, 2016 at 10:25 pm

• Ja…sometimes I come close to causing a traffic accident trying to scribble an inspired sentence on the back of my last tollroad slip. If I dont, its gone forever. Other times, like now, my head is a 3000 line spreadsheet with numbers and no words! But I am back from STZ, so there is hope again.

March 7, 2016 at 3:19 pm

• Amen. Voice notes on my phone. 100s of them.

I stir shit on social media and it gives me plenty of material. But then what I write is total nonsense so it’s fine.

Liked by 1 person

March 7, 2016 at 7:01 pm

4. Bruce C

Try having a back op, like Jeremy and myself. Flat on your back for 4-6 weeks. Maybe you’ll not have awriters block but by heavens it’s bloody hard to type holding your tablet/ phone in the air with one hand and tying to type meaningful sentences.

Can’t wait until I am mobile again but I think that by the time the season draws to a close I’ll only just be river bed nimble. So roll on end of the year for streams.
    Can’t wait to get onto my kickboat though.

March 4, 2016 at 10:07 pm

• Hang in there Bruce! (from another hotel room in a hot flat place)

March 4, 2016 at 10:27 pm

What are your thoughts?

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s